Monday, May 4, 2009

Sooo today...

It's been literally over a month since I last blogged. Woops..I fail! Anyway.
This would be entirely way too long to write about everything that's happened this past month. Basically...God is entirely too good. He has this habit of surprising me and invading every little detail of my life. Indescribable, amazing God <3
So, I'll just stick to the details of today. Fully "recovered" from the girl's beach weekend. Definately slept from 8 to about 10 this morning :) And the weekend was so, so great! Yay memories, endless crazy bonding time, the beach, Jesus, and absolutely beautiful, amazing girls!!!
Over the weekend, I also got my financial aid stuff from Lee in the mail. There was that scholarship drawing thing, and two different stafford loans. So today I sat down and looked into the financial part of my education in more detail. Had to sit for close to 2 hours and do this loan counseling quiz thing that makes sure you understand what you're really doing when you get a loan. Then spent another hour trying to explain everything to my mom and trying to figure out which loan to apply for. Totally overwhelming. Money is definately NOT my thing. So when I have to sit down for a couple hours and think about it? Yup. Overwhelmed. But, at least now I understand (hopefully) everything and we actually applied for one with chase.

And I think the biggest thing for me though is that it's actually done and set. Aside from figuring out how paying Lee works through the loan, and maybe another scholarship, it's pretty much all worked out and I'll be paid for. I'm actually going away to college. It's crazy to think about.
Only like 3 more months left...now THAT is insane. I can hardly still really wrap my head around that. Where in the world does time go?

Then, work. I locked my car keys in my car. AGAIN. This time with my lights on. Perfect. Where was my head? Luckily my dad and my bro were already out and they came and rescued my car for me. Who needs AAA?? Hehe! My dad also gave me a spare key to keep in my purse...HOPEFULLY I wont have to use it. But at least it's there :)

Anyway. Work as (almost) always, was great. I dont think I could ever get tired of hearing kids laugh. It's one of those amazing sounds that kind of fills the room and bounces off the walls, and somehow you always end up laughing too. Ohh and their big smiles. And when they plop down in your lap and beg you to read the same story for the 50th time or tickle them over and over for an hour. Or when they look at you with a crooked grin and a giggle, say "I'm gonna get you Ms. Ashwee!" and tackle you. Some days, like today, I love my job. Kids are irresistable! :)

Then I was supposed to go to small group. But my brother begged me to come home and make a dessert with him and watch a movie. Sooo I did. LOVE me some brother time! :)

So that was my day. Probably gonna try to go to bed sometime soon.
Hopefully I'll be back sooner than a month and keep ya'll updated..... :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ash. It IS getting so close! I am sure you are too excited...even outside of all this over "stuff." It's going to be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete